Is October anyone else’s favorite month? It may not be crisp and cool here yet, but there are still plenty of fun fall activities to do.
This week, I’m sharing a few fun things you can do to get into the spirit of October. Grab a friend, your kids, or your partner— there’s something on this list for all ages!
1. Go pumpkin picking. Barton Hill Farms is a local favorite, with good reason. Every weekend in October, they host a Fall Festival & Corn Maze with plenty of fun for kids, live music, farm animals, and of course pumpkin picking.
2. Bake pumpkin bread. Put those pumpkins you just picked to good use with this pumpkin bread recipe. It’s so easy that even I can make it— which is saying something!
3. Take a hayride and paint a pumpkin. Elgin Christmas Tree Farm is officially open, and they’re hosting October Farm Fun every day from October 6th through Halloween. Enjoy the hayride, mini pumpkin decorating, picnic areas, hay jumps, and pumpkin photo ops.
4. DIY. Crafty people, this one’s for you. Decorate for Halloween with these fun, eerie DIY craft ideas including a Jack-O’-Lantern candlesticks, a cat face garland, lace-wrapped candles, and witch hat bottle toppers.
5. Monster mash all night at HighBalloween. The Highball is hosting the party of the year on October 29th from 9 PM to 2 AM. Enjoy music, costume contests with prizes, specialty drinks, tons of candy, and even a photo booth!
When you’re done gorging yourself on pumpkin bread and putting up that cat face garland, hit reply and let me know how I can help you or someone you know with your home buying or selling needs in the Austin area.