Now that it’s spring, everyone seems to be itching for fun, low-cost or free things to do right now since it’s been so nice.
I certainly have been!
If you have been too, you’re in luck because I’ve put together a list for you. Get outside the house, breathe in that fresh spring air, and enjoy this beautiful Austin spring!
1. Mayfield Park. Bring a picnic basket and a bottle of wine, and spend a relaxing afternoon with the beautiful peacocks at this beautiful gem in central Austin. There are walking trails, tranquil gardens, a picnic area, and of course— the peacocks!
2. Free Kid’s Music. Bring the kids to brunch at Cherrywood Coffeehouse for free kid’s music on Sunday mornings at 10 am! They’ll be entertained, and you’ll be free to enjoy the breakfast tacos (I love the Luna Taco), mimosas, and coffee.
3. Austin Urban Music Festival. Love R&B and soul music? This festival at Lady Bird Lake is where you need to be on on the 30th and 31st of March.
4. Capitol 10K. If spring has you itching to lace up your sneakers, sign up for Texas’ largest 10K race and one of the top runs. Beginners and serious runners alike will have a great time, plus this race supports the Austin Parks Foundation!
5. Secret Beach. You may not know this, but Secret Beach is much more fun in the spring than it is in the summer. It’s less crowded, and you won’t get heatstroke from the lack of shade. Bring a picnic (are you noticing a theme here?), go wading, and enjoy yourself in the sun. It’s kid-friendly, too, and there’s a playground nearby so bring the kids along if you’d like.
And remember, if moving is on your spring to-do list, I’m here to help! Just hit reply and let’s talk about how I can help you find your dream home.