Happy spring, y’all!
It’s March and I couldn’t be happier. It may not be too cold in Austin in the winter, but there’s still something about spring that makes you feel like a new beginning.
In that spirit, I’ll be sharing a few spring cleaning tips for your home and a bonus spring cleaning DIY project to help you get in the springtime mood.
1. Dust the less obvious items. Of course, you regularly dust your bookshelf. But what about your lampshades, curtains, and drapes? They accumulate a lot of dust and grit, and rarely get cleaned. Toss your drapes and curtains in your dryer for 10-15 minutes on the “air-only” cycle, and take a good old duster (or lint roller) to your lampshade.
2. Clean the refrigerator with this powerful combo. The bubbles of soda water and the abrasiveness of salt combine to make a great cleaner for your fridge. Sure to eradicate any sticky build-up!
3. Clean your screens with a scrap of carpeting. This tip comes from HGTV, and you know those people know what they’re doing. The carpet scrap makes a powerful brush that removes all the dirt from your screens. Who knew?!
If you love to DIY, try making your own essential oil air freshener to spritz around your home or car after you do your spring deep clean. Try one of the options below or get creative and mix your own! Just make sure you mix them in a glass spray jar, not a plastic one.
Simple peppermint spray.
• 1 cup of water
• 10-15 drops of peppermint oil
Tea tree, eucalyptus, and lemon spray.
• 1 cup of water
• 7 drops of tea tree oil
• 7 drops of eucalyptus oil
• 7 drops of lemon oil
This is a great project to get kids (who are old enough to not hurt themselves by touching their eyes or eating the oils!) to get involved with, too. Get creative, and have fun!
And if a spring move is on your to-do list, just hit reply. I think I can probably help you out with that!