The weather has been pretty bad lately, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still have a good time. There are plenty of fun indoor activities to do in Austin, too! Read on to get some ideas for your next chilly, rainy day.
1. . It’s just as much fun for adults as it is for kids. Bring the kids or go with your adult friends— you’ll have a great time either way! Plus, you’ll get a workout while you’re having fun bouncing around so it’s a win-win.
2. . This fantastic art museum never gets old. Check out Line Form Color, one of their rotating exhibits, before it disappears on March 4th. With influences of Minimalism, hard-edge abstraction, and new globalization, you’ll love seeing the creativity of these post World War II artists.
3. Visit a brewery. It’s Austin, so this had to be on the list, right? Spend the afternoon at , , , or another one of the incredible breweries in the city. Bonus points if you opt for Thirsty Planet or Twisted X— they both focus on giving back to charities!
4. Experiment. Have kids who are bouncing off the walls? Entertain them with one of these “science experiments that are basically magic.” They’ll love the glow-in-the-dark “magic mud,” lemon volcano, fireworks in a jar, and making candy that looks like glass. Lab googles optional.
5. Netflix and takeout. If you’re reading all of the above and groaning, this one’s for you. Everyone deserves a lazy day every so often! Check out (think Black Mirror with lo mein, or Grace and Frankie with gyoza dumplings) and then cozy up on the couch with someone you love.
Which one of these will you be trying first?
If you’re ready to move to a new home in the Austin area that you love spending rainy days in, hit reply and let’s talk about how I can make that happen!