In a city full of coffee lovers and coffee spots, where can you get the best cup and where can you drink it in the most style?
Scroll through this list of the top 5 places in Austin to grab a great cup of coffee (that aren’t Starbucks) to inspire your next caffeine break.
1. Radio Coffee & Bar. Radio Coffee & Bar is a South Austin classic that prides itself on serving coffee as a work of art and craft beer from central Texas, alongside live music and local art. My recommendation is a cup of the Stumptown nitro cold brew. Plus, it’s right by some of the best tacos in the city when all the beer and coffee makes your stomach start to growl.
2. Mozart’s Coffee Roasters. Grab a latte and a danish, a seat by the Colorado river, and settle in for the afternoon. You’ll come for the in-house roasted coffee, but you’ll stay for the view. Mozart’s is a family owned Austin original, and it’s a great place to bring a friend and catch up.
3. Bennu Coffee. Freelancers, rejoice. This is your spot for 24-hour free Wi-Fi and fair-trade coffee in a cozy indoor/outdoor setting (with locations in east and central Austin). The cold brew is not to be missed (and it’s the perfect complement to your 3 am I-have-a-deadline laptop sessions).
4. Flitch Coffee. Is there anything more Austin than coffee on the east side in a vintage trailer with outdoor seating? They serve beans from the Texas-based Evocation Coffee, Wild Gift, Onyx Lab, and Kickapoo Coffee, breakfast tacos from the family-owned Pueblo Viejo, and pastries from Luxe Sweets. Make sure you try the iced maple latte!
5. Houndstooth Coffee. Coffee nerds, this one is for you. Houndstooth Coffee has 3 locations in East Austin, North Lamar, and downtown, and they’re serving up a rotating selection of beans crafted simply and expertly. You really can’t go wrong with your order here— but I recommend opting for the Ethiopian espresso or the cappuccino.
Want to grab coffee and tell me about your vision for your dream home? Hit reply and let’s talk!
To cold drinks and hot summers,