We’re in full swing of things here in Austin. The kids are finishing up school and it’s almost officially summer. If you’re looking for some fresh, fun things to do with your kids this June, this email is for you!
1. . Head to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center every Thursday night this summer from 6-9 pm for Nature Nights. Nature Nights are a free, family-friendly exploration of local plants, animals, and ecology. There are hikes, nature crafts for kids of all ages, and interactive presentations. It’s a great way to get outdoors and connect with the natural environment of central Texas!
2. . You don’t want to miss this one! Bring your kids (and maybe their friends, too) in their fairy costumes for a magical afternoon of free tea and cookies, portraits in the fairy photo booth, face painting, raffles and more at Terra Toys.
3. . If you have young kids, head to the BookPeople store in Austin on Saturday, June 16th at 10:30 am to celebrate Father’s Day with them! At this special story time event, kids will hear Dad and the Dinosaur and other Father’s Day reads. Plus, kids will get to make cards for their dads!
4. . Need I say more? Head to the Austin Ice Cream Festival at Fiesta Gardens on the 23rd for tons of sweet, frozen treats along the beautiful Lady Bird Lake. The daytime, kid-friendly fun is from 10 am to 3 pm, featuring ice cream (of course), contests, fun activities, live entertainment, local food trucks and more.
5. . Loved The Incredibles? Alamo Drafthouse is hosting a family party on Saturday the 16th at 9:00 am to celebrate the return of everyone’s favorite superhero family: the Incredibles. You’ll get to watch the film, play themed games, make superhero masks, and hone your superhero skills. Get your tickets here.
Like always, there’s no shortage of fun activities to get into this summer in Austin. And of course, there are always those wonderful lazy afternoons at home by the pool that make summer so special.
If you’re ready to move to a new home in the Austin area, hit reply to this email and let me know! I’d love to help you find the home that fits you just right.