What’s a home without the humans (and animals) you love in it? If you’re thinking about getting a pet for your family, check out this list before you go for the traditional cat or dog. One of these uncommon pets might catch your eye!
1. Bird. Looking for a pet that will keep your kids occupied for hours? Birds love learning games and tricks, and they require a lot of mental stimulation to thrive. Opt for a parrot if you really want to get crazy!
2. Turtle. Turtles are said to have highly individualized, unique personalities. They’re the perfect pet for you if you travel a lot or have a lot of after-school activities that keep you out and about.
3. Iguana. Okay, hear me out. Iguanas can actually be quite sweet and they even recognize people by voice, sight, and smell. They require a big enclosure and humidity, so you’ll need to have the right facilities for them.
4. Goat. You’ve heard of goat yoga, right? Make your own in your very own backyard with your very own goat! Goats form strong bonds with people and other animals and are very social. If you have a bit of land and want to bond with a sweet farm animal, a goat is your best bet!
5. Chinchilla. Chinchillas are sweet, cuddly, and bond to their families quickly. They need to be cared for gently, as they’re very fragile and sensitive, so they’re not your best bet if you have rough and rowdy children.
6. Chicken. Chickens are smart animals with varying personalities who easily form connections with their human families. If you spend a lot of time in the yard, have young kids (chickens are great with children!), and have a big enough enclosure for them, consider bringing one or two of these guys home!
7. Rabbit. Rabbits are sweet, quiet pets who sleep a lot. They have sensitive digestion and need a proper diet, so make sure you do your research. If you’re looking for a pet that won’t be too noisy or hard to take care of, opt for a rabbit.
8. Rat. Yes, rats have a reputation for being gross. But actually, they’re fun, playful animals (who knew, right?). They’re pretty easy to take care of, and they’re less commitment than a cat or a dog.
Having a pet is even better if you’re living in your dream home. Hit reply and let’s talk about how I can help you with that!